Sunday, May 2, 2010

Carbon Capture the Easy Way. But no takers.


"If I only had a brain, I might be able to answer my own questions".


But even me asking the people who should know, arn't telling. I asked of CSIRO scientists a question about an idea I had that I think WOULD collect 99% of the carbon from the burning of coal in the power stations.
As most of us know, every time we go out after a good hard rain, the air has become pleasant to breathe, it seems to be fresh and clean, for a while at least anyway.

You remember that freshness in the air don't you, makes you feel good hey?

Well that's because...

The air has been washed clean by the rain.

So I asked the clever people at our top scientist department here in Australia.


'The question'.

"If they funnelled the smoke to be released at and up through the base of the huge cooling towers; or even build separate one's for this job.
The cooling towers are used to cool, condense and recycle the water that came from the boilers under the coal burning fire which produced heat that heats the water and turned it into rapidly expanding steam vapour which drives the turbines that gives the passing iron magnets the ability to collect the Electrons from out of the atmosphere and then sends it to your homes. The water is then re-used again.

It would be easy to send the smoke through pipes, up through the condensing steam and this would catch and collected the carbon; trapping it in the cooling condensing and falling water. This is precisely the same process that real 'Rain' has of contaminants in the atmosphere. The rain that is falling down inside the towers could be channeled for filtering to remove the carbon, and then after drying put the carbon back into the empty coal trains that delivered the coal, and dump it back in the hole to where it came from.

This is why I have called my Blog. 'Royman the invisible'. Because no one is answering my questions.

I thought that this was a good question, but… That was about two years ago and no answer ever came back. I wonder why. Roy (Shortened version)

No comments:

Post a Comment